Last Updated: March 10, 2023
BY USING THIS SERVICE, YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE TO OUR COLLECTION, USE, SHARING, AND PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AS SUMMARIZED BELOW AND AS FULLY DESCRIBED IN OUR USER PRIVACY NOTICE.
1) Changes. We may amend this privacy notice at any time by posting the amended version on this site including the effective date of the amended version.
2) Information We Collect & How We Process Data. We are a data Processor and Collector. We process data received from our services and take proportionate precaution in storing such information for short periods on our secure servers until permanently destroyed. Our servers and offices are located in the United States, so your information may be transferred to, stored, or processed in the United States.
3) Our Service collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (”personal information”). In particular, our Service has collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
4) We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
5) Categories of Personal Information We Collect. Personally Identifiable Information is information that identifies a specific person. When you engage in certain activities via the Company Service, including but not limited to creating an account, sending feedback, or otherwise participating in the Company Service (collectively, “Identification Activities”), we will ask you to provide certain information about yourself. We also collect the following:
iii) Technical Data
vii) Profile Data
6) Non-Personally Identifiable Information. Non-Personally Identifiable Information is information that does not identify a specific person. This type of information may include things like the Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”), your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, mobile carrier information, mobile device information, or general and/or aggregated location data that does constitute Personally Identifiable Information.
7) Personal information collected from Third Parties. We collect and use demographic and other information that is publicly available in an applicable jurisdiction, additional contact information, as allowed by applicable national laws
8) Information Collected From All Users. Information you provide to us: For all Users we collect Personal Data when you voluntarily provide such information to the Services, such as when you register for access to the Services, contact us with inquiries, respond to one of our surveys or browse or use certain parts of the Services. The Personal Data we may collect includes without limitation your name, address, email address and any other information that you choose to provide and/or that enables Users to be personally identified.
9) User Profiles. User may create a profile, with certain or all information publicly available. Clients and Agencies may also create organization profiles. You may have the opportunity to create a profile, which consists of information about you, and may include Personal Information, photographs, examples of your work, information on work previously performed via the Service and outside the Service, skills, tests taken, test scores, hourly pay rates and earnings information, feedback information and other information, including your username (“Profile”).
11) Shopify. EP Consulting online store is hosted on Shopify Inc. This Service provides us to market and sell our services to you. In turn, any personal data we’ve acquired from you on this service is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. Shopify stores your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
13) Specific Reason
14) Access and Use. If you provide Personal Data in order to obtain access to or use of the Services or any functionality thereof, we will use your Personal Data to provide you with access to or use of the Services or functionality and to analyze your use of such Services or functionality. For instance, if you supply Personal Data relating to your identity or qualifications to use certain portions of the Services, we will use that information to make a decision as to granting you access to use such Services and to assess your ongoing qualification to use such Services.
15) Internal Business Purposes. We may use your Personal Data for internal business purposes, including without limitation, to help us improve the content and functionality of the Services, to better understand our Users, to improve the Services, to protect against, identify or address wrongdoing, to enforce our Terms and Conditions, to manage your account and provide you with customer service, and to generally manage the Services and our business.
16) Use of Interest-Based Data. We sometimes make inferences about the type of services you may be interested in. We may use these inferences to help target advertising or customize recommendations to you, including on behalf of Servicers. We may do this on an aggregated or generalized basis.
20) Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with contractors and service providers who process Personal Data on EP Consulting, LLC. to perform certain business-related functions. We are not responsible for the actions of these Servicers, or their Third-Party Servicers (or other downstream recipients of your Personal Data), with respect to your Personal Data. It is important that you review the applicable policies of the Servicers, and if applicable and available, their appointed Third-Party Servicers, before providing Personal Data or other information in connection with that service.
22) Legal Requirements. We may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law in order to (for example) respond to a subpoena or request from law enforcement, a court or a government agency (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements), or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with a legal obligation, (b) protect or defend our rights, interests or property or that of third parties, (c) prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services, (d) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Users of the Services or the public, or (e) protect against legal liability.
23) Security. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. If you provide us with your credit card information, the data is fully encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with Shopify. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards. We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
24) Your Rights & Data Retention. We retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to provide you with our Services, or for other important purposes such as complying with legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements. If you have an account with us, we will typically retain your Personal Data for a period of ninety (90) days after you have requested that your account is closed or if it's been inactive.
25) Limit the Personal Data You Provide. You can browse the Services without providing any Personal Data (other than Automatic Data to the extent it is considered Personal Data under applicable laws) or with limiting the Personal Data you provide. If you choose not to provide any Personal Data or limit the Personal Data you provide, you may not be able to use certain functionality of the Services.
28) Third Party Privacy Practices. This privacy notice addresses only our use and handling of personal information we collect from you in connection with providing you our Services. If you disclose your information to a third party, or visit a third-party website via a link from our Services, their privacy notices and practices will apply to any personal information you provide to them or they collect from you. We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your personal information once you provide it to a third party and we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your personal information. This is true even where the third parties to whom you disclose personal information are bidders, buyers or sellers on our site.
32) Dispute Resolution. If you have a complaint about EP Consulting, LLC.'s privacy practices you should contact us. We will take reasonable steps to work with you to attempt to resolve your complaint in accordance with the “Terms” incorporated with these policies.
33) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The GDPR requires EP Consulting, LLC. and Servicers using the Service to provide Users with more information about the processing of their Personal Data. The GDPR requires us to tell you about the legal ground we're relying on to process any Personal Data about you. The legal grounds for us processing your Personal Data for the purposes set out above will typically be because:
34) Nevada Residents. Under Nevada law, certain Nevada residents may opt out of the sale of “personally identifiable information” for monetary consideration to a person for that person to license or sell such information to additional persons. “Personally identifiable information” includes first and last name, address, email address, phone number, Social Security Number, or an identifier that allows a specific person to be contacted either physically or online.
35) Rights for California residents. If you are a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may provide you with additional rights regarding the use of your personal information. These rights include:
36) Transfers of Personal Data. As EP Consulting, LLC. is a global company, we may need to transfer your Personal Data outside of the country from which it was originally provided. This may be intra-group or to third parties that we work with who may be located in jurisdictions outside the EEA, Switzerland and the UK which have no data protection laws or laws that are less strict compared with those in Europe.
37) Change of Ownership. If we are subject to a merger or acquisition with/by another company, we may share information with them in accordance with our global privacy standards. Should such an event occur, we will require that the new combined entity follow this privacy notice with respect to your personal information. If we intend to handle your personal information for any purposes not covered in this privacy notice, you will receive prior notification of the processing of your personal information for the new purposes.
38) Contact Us. If you have a question or a complaint about this privacy notice, our global privacy standards, or our information handling practices, you can reach us at:
EP Consulting, LLC.